Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Turning one


Some time last week, L- and I turned 1. Having written it in black and white makes it seem so short, but I feel like I've known and loved him forever. After myself, it is safe to say that he knows me best. Which is quite scary and endearing both at the same time. But it came to me as no surprise as we do spend a lot of time together this past year, and we fit like a perfectly matched glove right after.

I lost my best guy friend a few weeks ago. I've known him for 7 years. Let's just name him M. His partner doesn't trust in plutonic relationships and keeps on picking fights with him over me. Like why was I even in his life. I guess M is tired of all the drama and I understand. It's her that he will grow old together, insya Allah if their jodoh is strong, not me. She will be the one who would be there for him through thick and thin, not me.

So we've bid our friendship goodbye. I was sad, but I am happy for them.

Fikir- fikir, aku pun tak punya kawan lelaki yang rapat kecuali L-. Selain family dan girlfriends, cuma L- yang aku ada.

I think everything that happens to me so far is the best. I'm 24 and let's just face it, everyone around me is getting hitched and settling down. My turn would come in due time, and when it comes, I want to be a good wife. A wife my husband can be proud of, in this world and the hereafter. And I can't see myself being a good wife while I have  a lot of guy friends, can I? Mere acquaintances are another story, they are called acquaintances for a reason.

Growing up, I didn't believe in God as much as I do now. I used to question His doings and I kept asking questions. That explains why I wasn't happy for a long time in my teenage life. You can't be happy when you keep asking why, why, why, can you? Now that I'm older and wiser, I know that things do happen for a reason. And in my case, it always happens for the best.


If you're having a hard time, dear friends, have faith. As good times don't last forever, neither do the bad.

Is not Allah the most just of judges? (95 : 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment